Saturday, December 10, 2005

Paul Boyer's flaming letter to STRS Board president Bob Brown: THANK YOU, PAUL!


To: Dr. Robert Brown
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005
Subject: Board

Dear Dr. Brown: It is very seldom that I write a letter such as this is going to be but I, along with many, many other STRS retirees are absolutely fed up with your actions since being appointed to the board, so here goes. We can hardly wait for the day when you will no longer be there. When you were appointed, we thought, as a retiree from OSU, you would stand up for all teacher retirees, but, boy, how mistaken we were. I do not expect to receive a reply from you because you have never answered any of our emails that I know of since you have been on the board.

At this stage of the game, since you were elected as chairman of the board, I will say that I believe you have been acting like a DICTATOR, making decisions on your own and calling up rules that we never heard of. Doesn't STRS board operate under Roberts Rules of Order? If not, it certainly should be bound by them. Where in the world did you pull up the rule that a substitute motion cannot be voted on unless four members first vote yes to allow it. What a shocker; you sure must have dug deep to find that with probably a lot of help from others. If there are any more rules like that, they should see the light of day now instead of being kept secret. I am sure you will never find that rule in Roberts Rules.

Then you abruptly recessed the meeting when you knew full well that Dennis Leone had another motion he wished to make.

Now, Dr. Brown, in my estimation, not only are you acting like a DICTATOR but in my opinion you are a TRAITOR to your class of members, the retirees, when you are one yourself. I am sure it will do no good for me to say this, BUT PLEASE RESIGN FROM THE BOARD AND GO BACK INTO YOUR LITTLE HIDEY HOLE.

Paul L. Boyer,
LIFE member, ORTA
LIFE member CORE
LIFE member, OEA/OEA-R/NEA
Retired since 1985
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company