Friday, January 06, 2006

Marilyn Eckhart, Tom Curtis: Test Strips & Lancets

Looks like from the Ohio River to the shores of Lake Erie that STRS diabetic Medicare eligible retirees are saving on testing supplies by "doing their own shopping" rather than sending in a co-pay to Caremark and never seeing their "Medicare assignment" reimbursement. Maybe, one of these days, STRS will inform their retirees that this will save them money- maybe. I doubt it, they (STRS) likes to receive the reimbursement (or at least the table scraps from the reimbursement that Caremark will allow them to have.) !!! John
From: "Thomas Curtis"
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005
Subject: 123105 Curtis To Curry, Test Strips & Lancets
I thought I would pass this along to you. I am sure many ask this question. Tom
From: "Marilyn Eckhart" > To: "Thomas Curtis"
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005
Subject: Re: Fw: Well, this certainly beats the STRS mail-in price for STRSMedicare eligible test strips, doesn't it?????

I found out the same thing. I go to Glenbyrne Parmacy in Toledo, get my test strips and lancets, and pay nothing. When I got them from Caremark, they cost $30 for strips and $30 for lancets. The regular price for lancets is $6.99 at this pharmacy, and Caremark is charging $30! Who gets all that extra money? Marilyn Eckhart
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company