Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Flashback - One year ago; Dennis Leone to Gary Allen and William Lavezzi re: misinformation published by NEOEA-R


A year later, and we're still waiting for a response and a correction.


From Dennis Leone
February 9, 2005

Dear Mr. Allen and Mr. Lavezzi:

A retiree from northeast Ohio has e-mailed me Vol. 5, No. 3 of your newsletter entitled NEOEA-Retired. On page 2, the following appears:

"There is a question as to whether Mr. Leone's name will appear on the ballot because it is unclear as to whether he is employed in education and a contributing member of STRS."

I have the following questions for you:

1. Where did you get this information?

2. Who says that there is "a question" as to whether my name will appear on the ballot, given the fact that STRS determined in December that I acquired the necessary petition signatures to appear on the ballot, and that my name will, in fact, appear on the ballot? You could have verified this fact with a simple phone call to STRS.

3. Since I am not employed and therefore not a contributing member of STRS (case closed), why did your newsletter say these things are "unclear?"

4. If such was indeed "unclear" to you, why didn't you ask either STRS or me if I am a contributing member of STRS? Who is or who is not a contributing member of STRS is public information.

5. Please tell me now quickly you will publish a correction.

Sincerely,

Dennis Leone
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company