Monday, February 27, 2006

John Curry and Jim McGreevy: Xenia teachers strike

February 27, 2006
Jim, I think you are referring to the DDN article entitled "Xenia Teachers reject pact by wide margin." My comment preceded Duane's letter. My comment was "...now maybe they (meaning Xenia teachers) will see what STRS did to spouses of STRS retirees"
I do believe the Xenia teachers will "walk" because of this attempted "take back" and I don't blame them. As far as Duane implying that the OEA was complicit in the school board's insurance offer- I don't agree - I see no direct or indirect statement from Duane stating anything like that- therefore, I also don't see any attempt at a "spin." You might want to talk to Duane about your interpretation.
John, a Proud CORE member
_______________
From: James McGreevy
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006
Subject: Xenia Teachers Vote to Strike

John -
Duane Tron's post on Kathie Bracy's Blog seemed to imply that OEA was complicit in the school board's insurance offer to its teachers last week. As the article (linked below)in the Dayton Daily News reports, Xenia teachers sent a clear reply: "No!" A strike may begin as early as March 6. I know some of the teachers in Xenia. They will walk out.
This is not a new fight for active teachers around the state as they have been hit with a steady stream of insurance take-backs at the bargaining table for the past ten years or more.
Whether it's Gary Allen's local association, or the Zanesville Education Association in my community (also looking at March strike over salary and insurance issues), OEA's answer is a steady "No!"
No "spin" necessary.
- Jim
http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/
localnews/daily/0225xeniaschools.html

Labels: , , ,

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company