Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Quotes from RTA leaders re: ORTA

"I couldn't agree with you more.......our RTA is so disillusioned with ORTA that many have decided NOT to join that organization, as it was mandatory before according to our constitution. We are rewriting our constitution to say that retirees can join the local RTA without joining the other two groups. In other words, we will not be affiliated with OEA or ORTA except by choice! I blindly joined as life member at the time I retired, and had always felt it was a right and privilege to belong to those organizations, but thanks to their recent policies, I no longer feel that way, and there's nothing I can do about it except help rewrite the constitution in the local group to eliminate those "have to join" policies!
"Thanks for standing up for the retirees!!!"
_______________
"I am outraged at the lack of action regarding Tom Curtis and you bet I will definitely speak with Ann Hanning about this today!!!"
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company