Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Molly Janczyk: Freedom of thoughts and honest debate

July 4, 2006
Debate is good. The freedom of thoughts and earnest points to consider are the foundation of this country and I agree are under attack. All of us have worked hard for CORE and I wouldn't want to diminish anyone's contributions though we may not all agree. But, I want to be careful not to invite name calling and hope that good debate brings valid points without personal attack as has happened to me. This is not directed to anyone, just a reminder we have all helped and this is a passionate topic and a time I feel when it needs discussed. I am sorry if anyone is offended but the state of education is at issue and honest debate is a the heart of this country in making decisions vs. straight party or habit based. Education is a major issue this fall and health care as a result is part of that. Without education minded legislators in office, no proposal will be considered or solutions to funded education.
I only wish for us all to remember we are all in this together and influence without name calling has more chance of success.
I am writing this as I can see it could go there with many of our responses including myself. We state our opinions but it is dangerous to bring topics that are related to a personal level.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company