Sunday, September 03, 2006

Paul Boyer: Another lifelong Republican about to shift gears

From: Paul Boyer, September 03, 2006
Subject: letters
John and others:
Thanks for your good letters. I agree with what all three of you have said. I, too, have been a lifelong Republican but I am going to have to make some changes this year. I am trying to do everything I can to get Dennis Shreefer, our former Lima talk show host, elected as our state representative from Allen County. He did a lot for us when he was on the radio and is a member of our local ACRTA chapter.
I am up in the air about the governor race. I WILL NOT vote for the Republican candidate but I am getting increasingly uneasy about the Democratic candidate. Can anyone tell me if the charges of big spending, etc. being leveled against him by the other party are true or not?
I agree that we need to get the active teachers more involved and help them to see if something right is not done, they may not have any health care or possibly reduced retirement benefits.
Paul
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company