Friday, November 17, 2006

Judi Peaspanen re: Travel and Expenses Proposal

From Judi Peaspanen, November 17, 2006
Subject: Travel and Expenses Proposal
Dennis,
Your proposal for travel and expenses was well written and an excellent proposal. These limitations should have already been in effect by the Board. The only addition I have is the Board members should not be going 1st class which is an added cost to STRS. I support you and John Lazares in your efforts! I congratulate both of you on your ethics and not becoming just another face on the Board. Please teachers give your support to these men, they are working in your best interest!
I guess I don't understand why the Board needs to travel at all. With the advent of the internet and internet conferencing and live meetings, it would seem to me that arrangements could be made to learn over the net. With the amount of money we invest, it would seem to me that financial advisors would come to us. In the past the Board has just been rubber stamping whatever the STRS staff reports and advises them to do. It is apparent to me that all this traveling has done nothing financially for the members, as we are continually having our health care benefits cut and no increases to our benefits.
Judi
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company