Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Paul to Damon re: Time limits and Board chairman

From Paul Boyer, January 31, 2007
Subject: speech

Dear Damon:

I have read Tom Curtis's letter to you about the speech time limits and your reply. I, too, am very much concerned about the time limits but more so with the chairman of the board butting in at inappropriate times with very inappropriate actions. I will discuss that later in more detail. I also appreciated your response to his concerns. I know it is easy to get distracted when acting as a time keeper and one has to keep an eye on the watch and an ear on the speaker.

Now, the current chairman of the board is an absolute disaster for the board. I have written several letters to her, telling her that we are keeping a careful watch on her. It seems to me that the only reason she went onto the board was for the power trip she has made it out to be. This is not the first time that she has made stupid remarks or actions. Does she not realize that she is amenable to us, the members of STRS? Thankfully, SB 133 makes provision for actions against any board member who does not follow the rules.

If I catch her doing anything at any time that could be actionable for wrongdoing, I will be one of the first to seek action against her. If she continues to serve this way we can not let her serve out her term.

Sincerely,

Paul L. Boyer
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company