Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mr. T. throws his hat into the ring


From Duane Tron, February 2, 2007
Subject: Presidential Exploratory Committee

Dear All,
Please send this to all of your friends across America and we'll see how many write-in votes I can receive in 2008. I want to start an actual grassroots campaign and see if we can shake up the political extablishment who will spend hundreds of millions of dollars to try and fuel their super and overblown egoes! I am starting this as a joke but let's see how far we can go with it and how much support we can get. I know that I can do just as good a job as any of the career politicians who spend their lives messing up ours! I am really serious about this. If I get elected you'll all get front row seats at my inauguration! We'll use e-mail to run my campaign and I won't take out a single political ad, nor spend a dime of my money, or anyone else's money! What a novel idea? Please send this to everyone in your e-mail address book and ask them to send it to everyone they know, and on and on! Thank You!
Please write to Greta Van Sustern at ontherecord@foxnews.com and ask her to announce my candidacy!
Duane Ernest Tron
Candidate for President 2008
(Don't you dare laugh at my middle name either!)
---
Subject: Presidential Exploratory Committee
Greta Van Sustern
On The Record at Fox News
Dear Greta,
I have decided to form my own Exploratory Committee to decide whether to run for President in 2008. I figure if every other egomaniac in the country wants to run for the most thankless, underpaid, overworked, and unappreciated job on earth, I should dust off my ego and jump in with all of the rest. Nobody has heard of me as I am just a lowly retired public school educator. When I look at the arrogant, self-serving, egotistical, pompous, conceited, and overblown windbags who have declared their candidacies, I decided that if they are qualified then I am equal to the challenge! Please share my name and ambition with viewers so I can get my name out in front of America and make a grassroots run against them. America truly deserves better than the career politicians who haven't been able to get anything right in all of their years of pretend public service.
Thank You,
Duane E. Tron, Unknown Candidate
St. Paris, Ohio
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company