Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Does ORTA have the sense of a goose?

From Debbie Roush, March 20, 2007
Subject: Meigs County RTA /Dennis Leone's quarterly report

Ms. Hanning and Mr. Seamon,
I am disappointed that ORTA decided not to publish Dennis Leone's article. Yes, I read about the "sharing" of the information with others. Twice, we have graciously received Dr. Leone's thoughts, insights, and opinions at our meetings. We, at Meigs County RTA, have learned to trust Dr. Leone's findings; we know that he is working to make the system better for us.
I received my Leadership Bulletin last week from ORTA about the upcoming events for April 24th. When reading on the back page of the Bulletin, I came across the wonderful story, "The Sense of a Goose". "If we have as much sense as geese, we will stand by EACH OTHER in difficult times as well as when we're strong". I thought, "this is what we need to do."
Yet, now I am reading that ORTA does not want to stand by Dennis Leone. On March 22nd, our chapter has its regular meeting, and I have copied Dr. Leone's article for each member to read. It is my job to keep the chapter informed about what is happening in our retirement system.
Are you, at ORTA, standing by us?
Debbie Roush,
Meigs County RTA, ORTA life member, CORE
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company