Friday, March 16, 2007

ORTA drops the ball again

From Kathie Bracy, March 16, 2007
Subject: Publishing Dennis Leone's column

Dear Mr. Seamon,
I am very puzzled about your decision not to publish Dennis Leone's latest STRS Report so that many thousands of retirees would be informed about what is happening with their pension system.
I understand you have indicated there is a policy that prohibits ORTA from publishing such a column in the Quarterly if it has been distributed beforehand. I have some questions I would like to have answered.
  1. When did this policy go into effect?
  2. How is it worded?
  3. What is the rationale for such a policy?
  4. Has the ORTA board ever considered revising/updating it? If not, why?
Surely, you are well aware that in this age of technology, news travels at an incredible speed, and those of us with computers are able to take advantage of this, while many have to wait for newsletters, etc. I am extremely grateful to ANYONE who can get news to me quickly about what is going on at STRS. Why in the world would I want to wait for a newsletter that comes out a few times a year to read important news that is happening NOW? Why does ORTA persist in clinging to such an outdated policy? This is the 21st Century -- WHEN IS ORTA GOING TO GET ON BOARD? No wonder many retirees STILL have no clue about much of what is happening at STRS. YOU PEOPLE ARE KEEPING IT FROM THEM!! I hope you are proud of that -- I sure wouldn't be.
Kathie Bracy
Life member of ORTA, but not proud of it
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company