Monday, April 23, 2007

From the mailbag.....

From a retiree, April 22, 2007
Subject: Your Blog
Hi Kathie,
I took some time to visit your blog and read the articles featured there most recently.
I can't believe that ORTA is shunning Dennis and refusing to show any pretense of support for his presence as an STRS Board Member. I had every hope that Ann Hanning could and would execute her responsibilities in an unbiased and open way, but what I am reading disgusts me. WHAT IN THE WORLD DID DENNIS DO IN HIS PAST LIFE TO DESERVE THIS RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL TREATMENT?? Their treatment of him is inexcusable and intolerable in my book. I'm a lifetime member of ORTA, but I never thought my money would ever be used to support such shabby treatment among professionals, as I am now seeing from their present leadership. I am ashamed to be associated with such an organization. Obviously, "The Good Old Boys" politics is very much alive among ORTA'S leadership. How can they in good conscience, consider themselves professional leaders worthy of our support as knowledgeable retirees? Is this the new intrepretation of The American Democratic Way---bigotry, jealousy, untrustworthy, undermining, and lacking integrity and a conscience??
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company