Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Me on Webcasting

I attended the STRS Board meeting last week and was present for the discussion on webcasting. Since I have difficulty hearing in the Board room, I can't trust everything I 'think' I hear in there. But if I got the gist of this discussion correctly, my take is that there are other issues (in addition to how much demand there is for it) that seriously need to be considered before taking the leap to webcasting. We have all seen what the media, tabloids, political campaigns, adversarial parties and Internet websites such as You Tube can do with a snippet of video taken out of context. We just need to be careful what we ask for. This issue needs and deserves a good airing.
Kathie Bracy
April 24, 2007
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company