Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another member speaks out on Board travel

Laura ____ (not identified) to Molly Janczyk, May 23, 2007
Subject: Re: [SpamScore 3.7]
It makes sense for the Board member attending the conferences to pay their way, then be reimbursed by the Board -- with proof of attendance etc. Also, one Board member should be allowed one trip per year maximum. Also, as President of the CASA Board, we have limited the number of people attending -- 2 at the most at a time. When I attended conferences and workshops as a teacher I used my own money for many things when I went (books for the school etc.) I have a feeling that not many Board members experience out-of-pocket money on these trips. Also, if they fly, the air miles should be used for flights -- not personal use later etc.
Laura
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company