Wednesday, May 23, 2007

George Doyle to Conni Ramser: Members complaining about out of state trips

From George Doyle, May 23, 2007
Subject: Out of State Trips
Constance:
I have received numerous complaints from my members about authorizing out of state trips for STRS board members. It seems to me that if these board members feel it is so beneficial; perhaps they could pay for their own trips and if the board, after receiving documented reports from the meetings, determines that this was valuable to the whole board and the retirees, then reimburse them for their expenses. I feel that too many times conferences seem worthwhile on paper but when you actually get there very little information is of value to take home to the rest of the group. Please try to exercise better judgment in the future. We retirees have suffered enough at the hands of the Board. Please listen to Dr. Leone and John Lazarus when they speak. Unlike some, they are not just speaking to hear themselves speak. They are taking the action for the retirees that needs to be taken. I have become very disappointed with you because you promised me at the Spring Representative Assembly when you were running that you would do all in your power to protect our retirement. So far you have not lived up to one of your promises! I find that I can no longer have any faith in what you said and I will do my best to try to get someone else in there that will respect the position for which they were elected.
George V. Doyle, President
Allen County Retired Teachers Association
OEA Life Member
NEA Life Member
ORTA Member
CORE Life Member
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company