Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A blogger speaks out.....


From Kathie Bracy, responding to a retiree, May 22, 2007
Well, I guess one thing I like to see on my blog is good, healthy debate on the issues. People have different views; I don't like to look at everything in black-and-white. I love it when people get going on an issue, because that's when we really learn and see others' viewpoints. I also like to think the people who read this blog are intelligent enough to evaluate what they read for themselves. There are plenty of sources for verifying information; there are plenty of opportunities for people to allow me to post their opinions. If I felt I had to be *RIGHT* all the time, I would be spending a lot of time going after the facts, and wouldn't have time for blogging.
This is a forum, not a history book or an encyclopedia, and I don't pretend for it to be anything else. I want people to express themselves freely; this is what this country is all about. If they have to stop and figure out if they're *RIGHT* or not, they're going to keep their mouths shut. I don't want this -- I want open discussion -- sunshine, so to speak. If I sanitize and whitewash everything I put in there in order to be sure I'm *RIGHT*, I will be insulting my readers. I might as well feed 'em Pablum. Let the people speak!! That's what my blog is all about!! Nobody has to read it; anybody can start their own blog if they don't like mine -- it's very easy to do. My blog does not represent the official policy of CORE or any other organization -- and it says so at the very top. If anybody's dumb enough to believe everything that's in there, then they're too dumb to read the newspapers or history books or journals or anything else. But I happen to believe they're a lot smarter than that -- or should be, if they are/were educators.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company