Monday, July 09, 2007

Retiree screwed by Caremark?

From John Curry, July 9, 2007
Subject: Caremark screw-up again?
My name is (name held by request). I am a retired educator. I spoke to (name held by request) who recommended that I write to you about my recent problems with Caremark.
I was given a new prescription for Tamoxifen 20mg once a day on June 20. I sent this prescription along with an arthritis prescription on June 23. On June 26, I had an emergency appointment with my gynecologist who recommended that I eliminate the Tamoxifen. I called Caremark immediately when I returned to my hone. The time was approximately 2:00 p.m. I spoke to a representative who forwarded on the computer to the pharmacy that I wished the Tamoxifen prescription to be canceled. He asked me to call again on June 26 to call about the same time on June 27 to check the status. I did as he asked and was told that the Tamoxifen had been sent out. I was quite upset. $25 is not a lot of money, but I could use it. I received the Tamoxifen on June 28. On my invoice (which I am keeping), it states "Date of Fill 06/27/07". The arthritis med did not come with the Tamoxifen which was very unusual. The arthritis med came on July 1. I called Caremark again. I talked with Marshina, who was the most helpful representative that I had talked to. She told me that the Tamoxifen to be canceled came up on her screen on the computer. She thought it was odd that the arthritis med was not sent with the Tamoxifen. Marshina told me that she would request the pharmacy to send me an envelope to return the prescription. I never received any envelope from Caremark. I talked with a representative at STRS today. I thought that I was talking to an advocate for ME, but she apparently was a representative of Caremark. She told me that I was screwed! So now I have a 90 day supply of a med that I don't need and I am out $25. I realize that my timing was not the best, but I don't feel that I was treated with fairness. I taught their children for 30 years and did an excellent job of teaching. I was a great teacher with many successes. Now the system that I trusted is doing a terrific job of interfering with my much earned retirement. I should not have to deal with all this. (I am venting!) I have had other problems with Caremark, but I don't have any documentation.
Thank you so much for listening to me. Thank you for trying to help educators. If there is any thing I can do to help, please contact me. May God continue to bless your efforts.
(Name held by request)
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company