Thursday, August 23, 2007

A little "Josh Mandel 101" from a taxpayer (and blogger) in his neck of the woods (Cleveland)!

From John Curry, August 23, 2007

The words below were taken from the "Writes Like She Talks" blog written by Jill Zimon. It gives you some idea how & why Mr. Mandel (HB 151 sponsor-divestiture) thinks like he thinks and where he gets some of his funding. Here's the URL for this piece and more from Jill:

Is Josh Mandel re-upping for action in Iran?

I have no idea, no intelligence per se.

As a side note, I have to commend my state rep Josh Mandel's office for their keeping up with my requests for information, specifically about funding for and deficits in the provision of wireless 911 emergency service (which I really need to check on myself before the end of the month because I'd read last spring that the financial support provision for wireless 911 in Ohio was to expire if the law wasn't acted upon this month).

But I just read this on Cliff Schecter through my feed reader and all I could think of was, is this what they're setting Mandel up for?

[DISCLOSURE:
This item that says that filmmaker Robert Greenwald (Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price) says that Fox News wants a war with Iran just came through my email and implies that Greenwald is working to spread that word about Fox's intentions. Schecter blogs for Brave New Films, one of Greenwald's ventures. That obviously has nothing to do with the existence of former CIA agent Bob Baer's assertions in Time magazine, here, to which Schecter links. But in full disclosure, the connection should be noted and perhaps others can tell us if in fact there are more connections worth noting related to these items.]

So our government? politicians? who? want to make Mandel (or Mandel wants to make Mandel, or both want to make Mandel) a big pooh-bah with the run on Iran? I know what he's said about Iran in off the record chats. I know what his stand is, on the record as well, to wit, HB 151 and divesting. He's used very strong, uncompromising phrases to convey his concerns about Iran and its threat to Israel.

We know from whom he gets money and advice, including AIPAC and other groups known to support military intervention in Iran on behalf of Israel.

Maybe some things are better left unsaid. But this jolt into my very depleted mind at the moment - I need to know how bizarre it really is.

One to ten - how bizarre?
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company