Friday, December 21, 2007

More comments on 'OEA: In the spirit of open communication'

December 21, 2007
Dennis Leone: I wish to know which motions or policies have been recommended in the past 3 -4 months at Board meetings that “undermine trust and confidence.” Please tell me.
12/20/07


Comments from others:

Kathie Bracy: I would like to know, too. Also, whose trust and confidence were undermined. Let's get this out in the open!!
• Good luck, you two! You are not going to get them to respond. . . I would bet money on it.
• I believe we are all waiting for that answer. Please tell us all in the 'Spirit of Open Communication.'
• A lump of coal for those who make charges and don't back them up!! This is more like the spirit of Bah! Humbug! than it is the spirit of open communication! Gutless and cowardly, I would say. (KBB)
• You read my mind, Kathie! Who indeed? Certainly not membership wishing for oversight and transparency. Staff works for and because of membership and has been doing a pretty darn good job by all accounts. So, who exactly is undermined???????
Seems since the changeover of Board members and more in depth oversight, STRS has soared and membership has been gaining trust. So, as Kathie says, WHOSE trust and confidence is being disturbed, here. Let's have some names and documentation for this statement. Research. No staff I have met (and I am frequently seeking staff for various items) behaves with me like they are undermined and the only comments I have ever heard are: "We want STRS restored to its former place of trust and respect." Of course, this doesn't happen in front of a microphone but it happens to me at STRS!
Instead of showing any feelings of being undermined, they are beyond helpful with the most agreeable and cooperative demeanors on all levels with few exceptions. Even Neville gave me all the answers documented that I asked him for a bit back. Russell and Slater and Mitchell are most responsive having lost that more reserved stance from long ago. The Staff is beyond helpful and they sure seem natural and eager to be of assistance.
Interesting, isn't it? Who is it that feels what motions undermined them and lost their trust? Let's think hard.........well, guess it is not that hard.

[If you need background information, scroll down and read letters, etc., dating from 12/13/07.]

Labels: , , , ,

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company