Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Shirlee Zerkel: A comparison of OPERS and STRS Rx co-pays

A big Thank You goes to CORE's Shirlee Zerkel for issuing this comparisons page. John
Shirlee Zerkel to John Curry, January 6, 2008
Subject: My brief comparison of OPERS and STRS drug co-pays
John, I think we may be better than OPERS -- what a surprise! I talked to my friend whose husband just this year moved her to OPERS. She knew very few details, and said she would ask him. I have not heard from them yet, so I went by the chart you sent me. It appears that OPERS has three levels of costs, evidently for the different levels of health coverage, but am not sure. They have Enhanced, Intermediate and Basic with different Rx charges in each area. We have Plus and Basic with the same co-pays for drugs for either plan. Here goes: I will only put in two of the OPERS ones to compare.
2008
(Click image to enlarge)
OPERS has us beat on the retail tier 2 in one of their plans. Theirs is $15 a month where ours is $30 a month. But STRS is the better on all the mail in prices.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company