Sunday, March 16, 2008

SuperTron -- Still alive and kicking, in spite of Medical Mutual's kicking him out of the hospital last week against his doctor's wishes

From Duane Tron, March 16, 2008
Subject: Duane - reply from childhood classmate & friend
All,
The following is correspondence I will share from a childhood friend and school classmate. Make sure and read her notes to me to grasp and appreciate the true meaning of kindness and friendship. Her father was an FBI Agent when we were growing up. I used to spend time at her house playing as kids and attending parties when we were in high school. That special agent thingy has run among a lot of us who grew up together and among our children. Imagine that?
I want to share a true and somewhat bizarre story with you. She would sometimes have parties after school events and we would all go and hang out. After we were grown up a funeral director made an offer to buy her mother's house and bought it and the land. He converted the house into a large funeral home that serves the Dayton area. The funeral home handled the arrangements for both my mother and brother and will probably handle mine when the time comes. When we went to make the arrangements we went into the lower level of the house where we used to spend time as that is now the funeral home office.
I sat there reflecting back on all of those years we spent growing up and the good times we all had. During viewing and visitation the caskets sat in what used to be the living room in front of a huge picture window which is now covered by closed drapes during visitations. I couldn't help but smile as I stood there each time reflecting back on the irony of it all. In addition, many of our childhood friends have held the funerals for their parents and family members in the same funeral home and I have made many visits there during the past 30 years. Each time I remember some event or happening that took place when we were growing up, or something that happened to each of us kids. I never cease to be amazed at the flow and turn of events in my life. True!
For those who worry, "be quiet, be still, everything will be all right!" Like I said in my update, I am all right and I'll be just fine regardless of the outcome of this life event. Change is like the wind. It sometimes comes in quiet breezes, sometimes it comes with tornado force, other times it is swift and steady, sometimes it's loud and scary, and other times it sweeps across the land bringing freshness and restoration to the land when coupled with sweet rain. Other times it brings destructive winds and rains that destroy in order that people have to rebuild and repair the damage with new. Whatever, it forces restoration and newness! "Be quiet, be still, everything will be all right!" How do I know and believe this? An Angel once came and told me so! No! I haven't taken leave of my senses and my mental faculties are quite well. Now you know why I say I pray for those who've lost their souls for wealth and personal gain! I learned long ago that life is about priorities! As long as our priorities are right we are all right, in wonderful hands, and need not worry!
My childhood friend who sent the following messages? She is recovering from a stroke she had over a year ago so she can truly empathize with others who face illness and hardship. She got out of bed one morning feeling just great and the next minute she was in the hospital and couldn't speak or walk. She is still undergoing physical rehab and is doing quite well. The one thing that stands out with so many of my childhood classmates are the number who have embraced religion and accepted Christ as their Savior through the years. Most of my classmates didn't even attend church growing up and many attended sporadically. Ah! But we prayed every morning before classes started!
In her note I laughed at the part where she said her husband and she would dance for us if needed. Right!! She has always had a wonderful sense of humor and we all still share with one another. Read her comments to me and know there are truly Angels at work among us. I haven't lived as long as I have and experienced so many awesome life events without a little Divine intervention! Never forget that there are still prophets and angels who live and walk among us daily. To this end I have no doubt! I have witnessed them! Am I crazy? Naw! Just putting my worldly priorities in order because when I am quiet and still, and listening, I can hear my conscience, the voices of angels telling me what I am supposed to be doing. Note the key word in the sentence, "conscience!"
Blessings,
Duane
To: President 2008 Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008
Subject: Re: Visit to cardiologist! (aka Roto Rooter)
Okay, Duane & Mary -- Here's my best offer. I'm sure if _ _ and I need "guarding" you'd send in your Secret Service daughter to help us out. Now the good news! Our eldest daughter, is an awesome ICU-CCU nurse so if you need a great nurse thru this ordeal, just give a yell & we'll dispatch her!! Please keep us updated & if there is anything either of you need, we stand ready..... A visit, flowers, a song... read a good book to you both, a little dance, a clown -- whatever, just let us know! We'll continue to keep you both in our prayers because as _ _ and I learned this year, when one of us is down sick, we're both down sick!!! God Bless!
Joanie
From Duane, 3/13/2008
Subject: Re: Visit to cardiologist! (aka Roto Rooter)
Joan,
Thanks very much! I'm not in the hospital at the present. I was in last week and had tests last Thursday. I met with the cardiologist today and I have an abnormal event in the vena cava which needs to be addressed. They have scheduled a heart cath and he'll decide what needs to be done after he gets inside and can look at everything. He went through all of the possibilities with me today and we'll work from there. Thanks for the kind words and prayers. He feels we caught it early enough that hopefully I won't have to undergo open heart surgery but he won't know until he can assess the entire heart. My body has been letting me know and I have been listening. That's why I went to the doctor and he placed me in the hospital. I'll keep you posted and once again, thanks!
Blessings,
Duane
To: President 2008, March 13, 2008
Subject: RE: Visit to cardiologist! (aka Roto Rooter)
Hi Duane, You and Mary are both in my prayers today! Scary places -- hospitals and docs! I do know that today with God's help it is just amazing how our bodies can be repaired and restored so I'll pray for renewal and energy! Please keep us posted on your progress. What hospital are you in? Now is the time to just throw yourself in the Lord's hands and He will take wonderful care of both you and Mary thru this. God Bless!
Joanie

Labels:

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company