Friday, May 02, 2008

Beware of e-mail scam claiming to be from IRS.gov: the IRS does NOT send us e-mails!

May 2, 2008
Thanks to a northern Ohio retiree, we have this info about an e-mail scam pertaining to the Economic Stimulus Package. He writes "The person who forwarded this to me is a US Navy Mech. Eng. Tech. I trust that he checked this out as he says."
As reported on CNN .
I just received an email, supposedly from the IRS.gov <http://irs.gov/> . Claiming that I needed to click on a link and fill out the necessary information to receive my 2008 Stimulus Economic Refund. Don't be fooled, it's looks legit and very real. I checked on the IRS.gov <http://irs.gov/> site, and they clearly advise against responding to the email, and against opening the link, as it may place a virus onto your computer. They note that they do not correspond with anyone via email, and that it's a scam. If you should receive this email, please forward to: phishing@irs.gov. Please pass this on and be aware!!!
Click here to see Google entries about this scam.
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company