Saturday, November 08, 2008

Shirlee Zerkel to Tim Myers: About those lost disks.....

From Shirlee Zerkel, November 8, 2008
Subject: About the lost disks
Mr. Myers,
I have some real concerns about these lost disks that Medical Mutual was sending to STRS. OFT sent out the information in a newsletter to their members and stated that SERS and STRS would get in touch with the retirees who were affected. Where was OEA? I never heard anything from them!
I never heard from STRS either, yet several other Lima area people and my information is among the lost? You are a respresentative of both groups. What happened that we who were the victims were not told by our own organizations?
Also facts do not add up! Laura E. of STRS tells us that in the past runners bring the infomation from MM to STRS and MM claims that they have usually used the US mail in the past. Who is telling the truth? Someone isn't!
Also why weren't the disks encrypted so it would be much harder to get the information from the disks if they were lost or stolen? Too much time has passed between the loss and when we were notified. I received my letter today from Medical Mutual and others received theirs yesterday, yet STRS reported them missing Oct.23.
Thanks for your consideration of my questions,
Shirlee Zerkel
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company