Thursday, February 21, 2013

Give 'em hell, Harry!

Subject: HEALTH INSURANCE
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 
From: Harry Thistlewaite
To:
hcquestions@strsoh.org


HELLO:
Up until now, I thought we had pretty good health insurance.  I cannot say that about our drug coverage.  Our drug coverage is PATHETIC. I have recently wanted to change several of my medical doctors and when I contacted the doctors that I wanted to change to, NONE of THEM would accept Aetna Medicare PPO. I live in Las Vegas and I am wondering if other teachers in Ohio or other states are having the same problem.
If you have an explanation for this other than the health insurance and the drug coverage was the cheapest we could find for the retired teachers of Ohio. Oh yeah, I forgot. We now have fewer active teachers in Ohio and we have a Republican governor, and don’t forget we have a lot more Charter Schools -- or are they Academies?
Thank you
Harry Thistlewaite
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company