Thursday, September 08, 2022

John Curry: We lost closer to $12 billion, not $3 billion, over 6 months!

From John Curry

September 8, 2022

Some, at STRS,  SAY we lost only "3 BILLION DOLLARS." To me that is "Fuzzy Math." I think it is also Fuzzy Math to Rudy.  On August 16, 2022 Dr. Rudy Fichtenbaum sent this spreadsheet to me with the following words:

"The figures in the spreadsheet I sent you are for the last 6 months December 31, 2021 (aka January 1, 2022) and June 30, 2022. The stock market started plummeting in January."

I did highlight several important areas of this spreadsheet in red which are pertinent. My fellow actives/retirees, WE LOST ALMOST 12 BILLION DOLLARS (over a 6 month period) as of  June 30, 2022!

You Be The Judge!

John Curry

P.S. It all depends upon what time periods one is talking about!!!! 

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company