Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Molly Janczyk, Mark Meuser re: upcoming CORE interviews

In a message dated 01/18/2006 Eastern Standard Time, Molly Janczyk writes:

We are in agreement then, Mark. We are a reactionary group. We respond when untruths and attacks are issued. We do not make the first step but we do defend ourselves. We cannot abide by anything other than honest dialogue backed by undisputed and verifiable facts. Thank you.

From: Mark Meuser
To:Molly Janczyk
Subject: RE: OEA: January Executive Committee Report
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006

Molly,

I am fairly new to this whole election and endorsement process. I am pleased to have the opportunity to meet with members of CORE to share my views with them. I will be honest with them, and if they like what my positions on the issues are, I hope that they will endorse my candidacy.

I also screened with OEA. I called them yesterday and found that they voted to endorse me, for which I was very thankful. Since they have endorsed me, I would expect them to support my candidacy and help to work for my election to the Board. I would expect the same support from CORE if they decide to endorse me.

Though I am aware of some friction between OEA and CORE, I don't know all the political details. I can say, though, that I cannot imagine trying to "trash" anyone else's campaign for the Board. I have too much respect for the office which I seek to resort to that. If I disagree with an opponent's position, I will be forthright in saying so. But it is possible to disagree with someone and still respect them.

I, too, have enjoyed our e-mails back and forth. I look forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to speak with CORE members.

Sincerely,

Mark

From Molly Janczyk, January 18, 2006

Mark, I certainly hope this kind of action is not who you are. You have been most gracious in your communications. I would like to think you are one of the OEA membership who does not try to dirty others as their main means of operating a campaign. We have responded to your request and made adjustments to accommodate you as we are open to all who wish to represent all STRS membership. We are so tired of these tired old tactics of trying to power through people. The learning curve on this sort of thing seems nonexistent with the leadership at OEA Central Downtown. It is most disturbing to see this type of thing year after year. We look forward to your visit and perhaps you should bring some who refuse to listen to its membership.
Sincerely,
Molly Janczyk
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company