Thursday, June 29, 2006

John Curry to Dave Speas: An opinion on endorsement

June 29, 2006
Dave --
Just my "opinionated" 2 cents worth -- and it is just that -- my opinion. I say let those 5 walk if they want to. There are a lot of "R's" who have discovered that the folks they voted for (Taft,Montgomery, and Petro) have "kicked them in the teeth and the wallet." They don't see much salvation in Blackwell either with his failed TEL amendment and now the 65% solution to our miserable state of education in Ohio. They don't know Strickland, but they are willing to take a chance. If one wants change, one will have to take a stand. I have tons of respect for you, Dave, but -- on this one -- I feel it is time to take a stand and endorse. This is one of the reasons why I have never joined ORTA -- I think it is also one of the reasons why other people haven't.
John
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company