Sunday, February 11, 2007

Elfrieda Ramseyer: Dyer carryover needs to be stopped

Elfrieda Ramseyer to John Curry, February 11, 2007
Subject: Re: Fwd: Missing the Point- A Comment from Dennis re. blog posting relating to Lindy's and Ramser
John et al.....I find it is quite interesting when 'my money', whether by credit card or cash, continues to be used by a board member in this manner...I recognize that we allow STRS Board to have an expense account, and I believe that this is appropriate; but when they choose to select restaurants that are expensive (as well as include the bill for their alcoholic beverages), I believe they are going 'over the line'. This is definitely a Herb Dyer carryover and it needs to be monitored and stopped. I appreciate people like Dennis Leone confronting the issue directly and want to thank him for it.
I have served on many boards throughout my professional lifetime (as many STRS members have I am sure) and tried to be very careful in what I expected to be reimbursed for....many times paying for things personally when I thought they might be a bit 'much' to ask the organization to pay. Again, thanks for the efforts of those of you willing to take a public stand and represent the rest of us...I truly appreciate your work!
Elfrieda Landes Ramseyer
Retired Nurse Educator
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company