Monday, May 05, 2008

What does ORTA know re: Stimulus Checks?

From Duane Tron, May 5, 2008
Subject: Re: CORE President re. Stimulus Check
I told everybody so! We must have a lot of people with selective listening. Oh! That is a common characteristic among teachers and it obviously doesn't go away with retirement. What the hell do I know?? I made one telephone call and got the skinny on all of this from close to the top. I guess that wasn't good enough for everyone else. And these are the same people who think there is some miraculous difference between the Republicans and Democrats running for office. The problem is they are ALL running for office and none of them are running for US! You get the idea! I've made this statement several hundred times during the past eight years. And the garbage just keeps piling up election after election.
Duane
CORE President re. Stimulus Check
David Parshall to John Curry, May 5, 2008
John, I contacted the IRS several months ago and found out the same thing. I announced this at a CORE meeting. It must have been in the minutes. Nancy was not at this meeting. Thursday I called the large well known accounting firm that does my taxes (not H & R Bock) and also a friend of mine who also is a STRS pensioner called them. They told us that our names are on the list for the $600 stimulus check. ORTA does not know what they are talking about as usual. However, I will let you know when I actually have my check. My last two SS numbers are early so I guess sometime this week or next are the predicted dates. God knows what the government may actually do.
Dave Parshall

Labels: ,

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company