Monday, April 12, 2010

Dennis Leone: One More Thing About Myers...........

From Dennis Leone, April 12, 2010
…………..and here is one that slipped my mind. Just before I got off the board, Tim Myers made a motion (which was seconded by either Ramser or Meuser ) to stop discussion on the matter of the STRS Board paying the STRS investment staff any bonus at all for the first half of fiscal year 2009 when we lost billions of dollars. Minutes earlier, I attempted to explain to the board why the bonuses should not be paid in ANY fiscal year when we lost money. Let me repeat exactly what happened: Myers attempted to gag me AND STOP BOARD DISCUSSION ON THE MATTER ENTIRELY. The Myers motion failed either 6-3 or 5-4, and we still discussed this issue, but the minutes will accurately reflect that Myers thought it was his role as a board member to try to shut me up and stop discussion on the bonus matter completely. It was one of the dirtiest motions I have ever seen in my entire career. But that’s the OEA way.
Dennis Leone
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company