Monday, December 12, 2005

Paul Boyer to Ann Hanning re: Dale Van Tyne's attempt to control election

From: Paul Boyer
To: Ann Hanning, J R Toller, Don Bright, Don Hornickle, Blin Scatterday, Richard Stearns
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005
Subject: Fw: District vote

Dear Ann and Gentlemen of the Ex. Comm:

I sent the following letter to Dale Van Tyne after hearing of the despicable thing he did in controlling the election for Director in District III. Things like that may be all right in politics but I believe there is no room for that in our ORTA organization.

I fully believe that no elected officer or former elected officer has the right to call all the presidents of a district and persuade them to vote for a certain person. These elections should be completely free and open. It is bad enough that the setup in ORTA is such that the higher officers automatically move up to President without benefit of an open election. Now Dale has gone absolutely too far, in my estimation, in what he did here to defeat Sam Ridder.

It is my understanding that he used the argument that Clark County already had two men on the board and they should not have a third. I do not believe that is the truth at all. I believe it is still an ORTA officer continuing to do everything he can do to keep CORE from having any more members on the board. I had many talks with Dale when he was president and I know how he feels about those of us who have worked so hard to straighten out STRS and eventually formed CORE.

Gentlemen, we have done just about everything but get down on our knees before you, asking you to soften up and begin working with us. We both have the same aims and we can do much more together than either of us can do separately.

I have known and worked with some of you for a long time and I am really disappointed in you.

Paul

[Paul's letter to Dale Van Tyne was posted earlier today; see below, or click on December 2005 Archive to view it. KB]

Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company