Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tom Cooper: The lowdown on the Medical Mutual reimbursement for Weight Watchers

From Tom Cooper, February 13, 2007
Subject: med mut/ WW sequel
ALL OF YOU POLITICALLY CORRECT PEOPLE..Please take a seat....this is not directed at anyone..male, female, big, little, it is for the financial and health benefit of all, based on the original question about Medical Mutual's offer to help ALL of us lose a few pounds, and get healthier.:
The following is what my wife has been able to determine from Weight Watchers about the Medical Mutual reimbursement;
You can call WW at 1-866-204-2878.
Tell them you are insured by Medical Mutual and want to enroll in the Medical Mutual reimbursement program for Weight Watchers.
You must choose to enroll for a 13 week plan, or an 18 week plan.
You pay up front for vouchers for the plan you select.
The 13 week plan vouchers costs you $142.35, or, $10.95 a session, which is the WW rate for the entire 13 weeks. When you have completed the 13 weeks, you send the vouchers to Med Mutual and they will reimburse you to the sum of $50. This makes the total cost to you of $92.35, or, or $7.10 a meeting, which if my numbers are correct, means you are saving about 35%
The 18 week vouchers cost $168.30, which is the WW best, lowest cost, at $9.35 per meeting. Medical Mutual reimburses you for $75, which brings your actual cost to $93.30, or $5.18 per meeting, which, again, remember, I didn't teach math, but should bring your savings over the WW rate to 45%.
So basically, if you are interested, the 13 week plan is a matter of $7.10/meeting vs WW rate of $10.95
The 18 week plan you are paying $5.18 v. $9.35.
Now..please allow me a disclaimer, here. My wife has expressed a concern that she or I will be seen as trying to sell people on WW. My wife is NOT a sales person for WW. Neither she nor I get one penny from WW...or Med Mut for that matter. In fact, she kicks my shins when I call her meetings "classes"! LOL!
This entire Thread was raised, by ME, ONLY because I knew people could be getting some financial help with their diet/nutrition information, and I knew there were others, (not teachers) who WERE getting that aid, and I was curious as to why.
I have plenty stories, as I am sure many of you do also, about trying to lose weight. But I finally got the hang of the WW plan I could live with and I have lost 20 since the day after Christmas. Actually, I was at that point about 2 weeks ago, and have stayed at my weight very easily, since, and am looking forward to losing more, but I am happy with the plan I have now, and will be patient until I can lose some more, and I know I will, But, I had to learn how, first.
TC
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company