Saturday, March 17, 2007

Comments on the ORTA issue

From John Curry, March 17, 2007
Molly - I also asked Dennis if it was OK to put the article out on my chain. Also, I had CORE Pres. & VP permission to send it out as a CORE Alert. If we had to depend on some organizations to grow backbone for reform at STRS.... we would still be living in the year 2000 and Herb Dyer would still be calling the shots! John
---
From Molly Janczyk, March 17, 2007
Subject: AND! Spoke With Don Bright
Don, Please do not use 'ORTA-ese' and place responsibility on someone else. Make this happen, please.
---
Dear Don, Please do not let this happen. It is grossly unfair. State your restrictions straight out prior to the next articles and I assure you, I WILL NOT put out articles prior! I AM THE ONE WHO ASKED LEONE IF IT WAS OK TO SEND OUT! HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS NOT! BLAME ME: NOT DENNIS AND YOUR MEMBERSHIP!! I was SO pleased when you stood up to introduce yourself to me at a CORE meeting. This should not hamper relations as no one knew the rules.
Most respectfully, Molly J.
---
From Nancy Hamant, March 17, 2007
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Spoke With Don Bright
Molly Janczyk points out that ORTA had ample time at last Thursday's CORE meeting to state that the article would be withdrawn if it was disseminated prior to the ORTA Journal publication.
Again ORTA reacts in a "hot-headed" manner to what it feels are slights or incursions on it. ORTA, as in the past, reacts instead of being proactive!
Nancy B. Hamant
Larry KehresMount Union Collge
Division III
web page counter
Vermont Teddy Bear Company